Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Race Week!

So the nerves are definitely building up... Ironman Wales is on Sunday and it's looming like, umm, some giant terrifying thing. I went for a swim on Monday, which felt good. I ran yesterday, which felt nice and easy (despite being fairly fast). Then today I committed the cardinal sin of adjusting the bars on my bike -- the maxim "nothing new on race day" being violated here -- and so that it wasn't quite so unknown I went out for a ride in the Hampshire countryside.
It was cold, but that helped me sort out what I'll be wearing on Sunday. There were a few exposed patches too, where a few gusts of wind started to build my fears that the weekend will be a windy one. The long range forecasts were looking good two days ago. Yesterday they started to diverge and a couple of forecasts suggested that the weekend might actually be quite a windy one. :-(

All I have to do between now and the race is get to Tenby, set my race gear up, and sort out my nutrition. Oh, and work out how to stop worrying, because I think it might be counter-productive.

On the bright side, two things are making me happy:
1. Despite still having about a million eye drops a day to do, I'm feeling good about my eyes as the left (recently upgraded) is still inflammation-free.
2. Fundraising for Olivia's Vision is going well and I really appreciate the support. No matter how hard it gets out there, I will keep going and I will earn every penny for Olivia's Vision.

No comments:

Post a Comment