Saturday, December 17, 2011

Winter Updates

Being a relative Luddite when it comes to social media, this blog may take a little time to get going. Also, it's winter, which means off-season (can't ride road bikes in snow) so training is low-key right now. To help with keeping my social media aspirations alive, I've added my (also new) Twitter to this blog. It was a bit ambitious starting both on the same day, but this is an ambitious venture...

Yesterday was a good day of cross-training. I went snowboarding with friends and had a blast. That makes three days this season so far! Conditions were awesome - well-groomed, still soft snow on most runs and delightfully deep powder on others. I risked two black runs, one was great (until I had to swim out after misjudging the exit from the run) and the other was too fast and too bumpy. One day I will conquer the moguls, but I think this season I'll stay away from them. I saw one snowboarder yesterday who won't be riding again this season and trying to master the bumps is likely to see me get hurt. There will be no injuries this year.

Well, it's time to kick back and enjoy the rest of the weekend. Then there's yet another eye appointment on Monday. I think I've actually been to more doctors appointments in the last 2 years than in the previous 32 years, all while I'm in possibly the best shape of my life (but still not Ironman-ready). Hopefully they can do something for the blurriness that's creeping back in my left eye.

Winter updates: I will post, and maybe someone will read it. 2012 will bring new levels of training, blogging and tweeting. Eyes will be injected, scanned and operated on. Doctors will scratch their heads and write prescriptions for various systemic meds. It's going to be an awesome year!

No comments:

Post a Comment